Summerize Your Makeup Routine
Getting ready to frolic in the summer sun this season? Make it your most effortless season ever with these easy makeup tips from celebrity makeup artist Julia Dalton-Brush, whose clients include top designers, celebrities and models throughout the Hamptons and Manhattan. Her beauty advice will leave you fresh-faced on the beach or sexy and sizzling for a night of melt-free makeup.
1. What are some of your favorite makeup trends for the summer?
• Lips: Red lips that pop, bright pinks that make a statement
• Eyes: Add a twist on a traditional smokey eye by adding some color. Try mixing it up with blues, greens or purples or get a beautiful colored liner and add it to your tear lines
• Face: Fresh faced natural healthy skin. It’s almost more important to spend money on facials than foundation this summer, the better your skin is, the better foundation will lay on it
• Brows: blonder brows, adding a light golden touch with some powder to your brow when combing them through. A powder with a touch of gold is beautiful and will add a nice BEAUTY Meet the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette, your key to the contemporary smoky eye. This artist-inspired eyeshadow palette with seamless color transitions gives you ultimately effortless blending in a single pan. You can create subtle gradations and bright accents or keep it simple with a monochrome swipe.
Try Bodyography’s Cream Eyeshadow in Glitz.Available at Kenig + Alcone, $20
2. How can women keep a fresh makeup look in the summer without smudging their makeup?
• You don’t want heavy oil based foundations and cosmet ics, they just don’t hold up well and they give a feeling that your face is “suffocating.” Sheer foundations are the best or foundations you can sheer down, like Ardency Inn Americana Custom Coverage (Sephora, $38) coverage concentrate which you can make the coverage what you want and you only need a pea sized amount to cover the whole face. Just add a water based moisturizer to it and sheer it down to your liking and it lasts beautifully
• Waterproof makeup is another option – Makeup Forever Aqua is an incredible brand for summer, their liners won’t move an inch and their cream products are to die for.
3. What summer beauty advice can you share with us?
Less is more. Do not feel like you need to keep adding makeup on to your face because you feel like it is coming off. Find the right makeup products and you won’t have to worry. Try to find products that sit beautifully and won’t move or are sheer enough to look beautiful in the heat.